24 November, 2007

A New Addition...

What I'm Listening To:

Artist: Eisley
Song: One Day I Slowly Floated Away
Album: Room Noises

So, it's been a while - but not as long as it was between my previous post and the last one before that. So cease with the smart remarks (that means no "two-plus-two-equals-four" business, ya' hear?!)

Well, I don't know how much time I have, but I'll post what I can. My parents came up for Thanksgiving - it was great. Janae and I are rarely afforded the luxury of visitors from out of State. They flew in Thursday afternoon from STL and they flew out of DTW at noon-ish today. It was really fun having them up here and getting to show off our place and take them around the area a bit. We even got to stop by a cider mill on our way to the airport this morning. It was the first chance we've really gotten to spend time with either set of parents since we got married. We've seen my parents and her parents once since the wedding, but it was during a quick weekend trip down to Springfield for Janae's brother's wedding so there wasn't much time for chit-chat. Anyway, long story short - it was a great, relaxing, food (and tummy) filled weekend.

To top it off - I'm officially announcing that we have a new member of our family. We've wanted to expand for a little bit now, and we can finally let people know of our addition....

...we got a new cat tonight. I tried to make you think it was a baby, but I know I probably wasn't fooling anyone. I'm a horrible liar. So, yeah - we got a little 4 month old kitten. We went into Petsmart for a couple of fireplace stockings (for the felines) - and we left with the fireplace stockings... and an orange kitty. We've been trying to think up names all night. My top suggestion was 'The Doctor' and Janae's was 'Butters'. Since Janae didn't want to name a cat 'The Doctor', I'll reserve my sci-fi tribute for our next pet - or, even better, our first son. When Janae protests, I'll be sure to oft mention the sacrifice I made in letting her get the orange kitty she just had to have. Of course, I adore the little 'Butters' just as much as Janae does - and she knows it. So, among other reasons... my argument for a Gallifreyan son will likely fail.

Well, my time's up. Gotta go spend some time with the little booger. See you on the flip-side.

Cheers.


What I'm Listening To:

Artist: A Perfect Circle
Song: Vanishing
Album: Thirteenth Step

6 comments:

Adam Harshman said...

Assuming the cat is a male, I suggest K.D. not as in Lang, but as in Korben Dallas. If I have missread and it is a female then Leeloo should do. Never let the scifi die (you should get to name this one anyway, she named the last two, though that makes sense since they were her cats). Don't give your landlord your blog address or this little note to your readers is going to cost you! Hope your enjoying your mario cart.

Anonymous said...

So, what are Maya and Libby's reaction to the little bundle of joy? You will have to post a few pictures for those of us far, far away. I think Adam would KILL me if I asked for another cat, considering the Kira is very close to losing her life as it is. Can't wait to see your new kitty! Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

should have called the cat "the doctor"

Todd said...

Good to see you blogging again. I was lacking on some amusement to read lately...but now your back. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Anonymous said...

major dick winters Classroom paper, by the way the author would like to offer yandeks.deneg chip set from the site, "Give the ruble." I would give, so to speak on the maintenance. Happiness - not a reward for virtue, but virtue itself, not because we enjoy the happiness that curb their passions, but rather enjoy the happiness makes us able to curb them. - Spinoza fabulous idea ... we would learn ... great. Indeed ... super creative! Indeed ... super creative! A long time ago I started this blog? Why have a blog such attendance is low ... the way to put things in your blog or deterioration, will help remove You know now who rarely writes on the subject, very pleasant to read, I would advise to add more pictures!

Anonymous said...

fifths disease adults The author, and you are out of town? Blog is excellent, plenty to like! The site just super, I will recommend to friends! All zdryam! Today marked the second anniversary maintaining your blog. Congratulations on not imposing ourselves, we would like to know the author and perhaps a comment: and what time you run your resource? Frankly, had difficult moments, when visited by the thought to throw this case. First, because of the departure of the index of PS Yandex, later - due to lack of time. But after a while you begin to understand that it is sometimes useful to lay out on the list (in this case on the web page your thoughts, share something interesting with our readers. The author of this resource would like to wish the inspiration for the new positions will never leave! Good luck ... rasskau you also an interesting story .. Hmm ... well, it pamoymu have extreme ... Cool everything: the picture and information super original