23 September, 2006

First Day of Fall

So looking at the calendar today, I discovered it is officially the first day of Fall, my favorite season! I thought the official first day of a particular season was always on the 21st of the corresponding month (Spring - March, Summer - June, Fall - September, Winter - December), but I guess not. I don't really care, I'm just glad Fall is finally here. Colder days, beautiful colors amongst the trees, and... I will soon get some chances to fine-tune my recipe for hot cider and hopefully make it official (up until this point I just kinda put a bunch of complementary ingredients together and don't have any actual measurements of any kind). Time will tell.

On a more irritating note, I'm posting this at work (I don't have a computer of my own) and one of my co-workers just came in and started asking me questions about a customer's order. I'm off the friggin' clock! Today I am only here to take advantage of my boss' PCs and high-speed internet access, I am not here to act like I'm working (that's what being on the clock is for :) I'll try not to bore you with too many details, but we had a customer place an order for a single drum. I received the order correctly (as far as I can tell) and processed it, but for some reason (that's going to bug the crap out of me until I can find out what it is), I transfered the item out of inventory and sent it back to the original vendor because I thought it was an accidental double shipment (we had another customer order the same drum at about the same time). Why would I do that when it was attached to the customer's account? That was a month and a half ago and the customer called us today asking where his drum was. I have had salespeople screw up orders all the time, but it's never been my fault before. At work, I usually do a really good job at covering all my bases, but I some how failed this time. This problem could have waited until Monday to present itself, like when I'm getting paid to deal with it. Now I'm gonna be distracted all flippin' weekend.

I guess that's what I get for coming in to work on my day off just to use the computer. I'd like to say I've learned my lesson... but somehow I doubt I can give up access to a computer and super-fast internet that's just a few blocks from my apartment just to avoid work issues. I justify it with the fact that when I do come in on a Saturday, it's not every week; and when I do come in, it's only for an hour or two.

Enough about work. It's the first day of Fall! Hopefully the temperature will start dropping soon, we had a couple of awesome days this past week that made me crave October/November weather something awful. By 'crave', I mean 'baseball bat', and by 'baseball bat', I mean 'hot ham water', and by 'hot ham water', I mean 'really look forward to', and by 'really look forward to', I mean 'crave'. That's all for today (unless I'm at a computer later today and feel like posting again). Happy snipe hunting!

~Moosey Goosey

3 comments:

Andy said...

Wow, you're on a roll. I see you're hooked on the janglehopper. What is a janglehopper? I've heard of a Jinglehopper Schmidt, but not a janglehopper. Is that the original Austrian spelling? Anyway, glad to see you on board. I read late at night so thanks for the humor and entertainment. It's nice getting to know a little more about you, too. See you at church tomorrow.

Janae Robertson said...

Fall equals pumpkin pie. Mmmmmm....you're going to have to cave on your no-sweets diet and have an Andy's pumpkin pie concrete with me when I visit. I won't tell anyone...except all the people who might read this ;) I miss you!

XOXOXOXO,

Your future wife

Anonymous said...

Moose, I have to say that I am so very excited about your cider. I don't know what you do put in it, but it just screams fall!! I can't wait!