22 September, 2006

Shiggity shiggity shwaa

I'm in a pretty good mood today, as I am most Fridays. I don't know how long I'll keep up posting every day, probably as long as people keep not reading this blog. That makes enough sense to me.

I'm really excited about my tux for my wedding, it's friggin' sweet. I am not typically one for dressing up (I just feel awkward), but I can't wait to get into that tuxedo. Not only am I excited to be married on that day, but I'm anxious to see how our wedding will turn out. We are trying not to be too traditional. We aren't doing any traditional wedding music, our colors are somewhat uncommon for weddings (as far as we know), and the tuxes will look snazzier than a duck with a peg leg and an eye patch.

I was hoping for no ring bearer or flower girl, but I think Janae talked herself into having a flower girl, so we compromised and aren't doing a ring bearer. I mean, the flower girl (after Janae explained it to me) made some sense, but neither one of us could figure out the symbolism behind the ring bearer. Other than having a distracting little brat running around with rings on a pillow - that aren't even the actual wedding rings - I don't know what the point of having one is. So, we aren't having one.

Janae is being very accomodating and letting me pick out most of the music (with her approval, of course) so that makes me feel good that I have some say in what goes on. I can't understand why guys don't usually care about any wedding details. They just assume it's the bride's childhood dream to plan their own wedding (and it probably is), but that doesn't dismiss the fact that it's his wedding too! I can't imagine getting married and not having a say (or even caring) about wedding details. Anyway, our wedding should kick much booty - not just because the music will be awesome or my tux will be sweet or Steve King will be dressed up, but because (yep, here's the "Awwwww" moment) Janae and I love each other. Yay :)

Well, I suppose that's enough sappy sap-stuff for one post. If I am able to tonight (and I probably will be) I'll post another entry for my own amusement ('cause I know nobody reads this) and phalangical exercise. That's right, I said 'phalangical'. I think I may have just invented a new word. Double yay :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moose, welcome to the world of blogging. I see that you have also been sucked in. I am trying to refrain as long as I can, but more power to ya. I just love your thoughts on marriage. Your right, why do most guys not care? It makes it much easier planning one if the guy has at least an opinion. I can't wait to see those tux's especially since you are so excited about them! I am sure they are great! Keep up the good posts!