22 October, 2006

He just liked boats and stuff

Artist: me
Song: fingers on the keyboard
Album: my iTunes isn't working properly so I don't have any music playing at the moment :(

Todd Ferguson is not my favorite person right now. I sat around my apartment all day yesterday (until about 9:00 p.m. when I went to Barnes & Noble to buy Karl Pilkington's book [see Monkey News post], which is great so far). My ankle was feeling remarkably better and I was just aching to get out and do something productive... and I read about the surprise work day at the Harshman's, organized by Mr. Todd "I'm not going to invite Moose" Ferguson. Thanks for not including me. I normally don't get too aggrevated about avoiding physical labor, but I really wanted something to do and I love to help friends. Anyway, I am a little bitter about being excluded, however unintentional it may have been :)

On a happy note, I did discover the joy of .torrent files and downloaded the entire I'm With Busey and The Assistant (both of which only lasted a season, most unfortunately). I know some of you are going to say, "What did Weird Al teach you about downloading things illegally?" Well, to that I respond, "I don't consider it wrong to download tv shows to your computer that are not available for purchase anywhere." Because, believe me, if either of these amazingly brilliant shows were available, I would have bought them the minute they became so. So, I have been watching some of both shows this afternoon and they have brought a great joy to my weekend.

So, I'm pretty excited about tomorrow night's concert. 'Big Daddy' Harshman and I are going to see the amazing bass icon Victor Wooten and his equally amazing lineup of supporting musicians at Juanita K Hammons Hall for Performing Arts at 7:30. I'm sure most of you don't really care and therefore aren't too jealous of Mr. Harshman and myself, but let me tell you - you should be. For those who have an eventless evening planned for tomorrow night, I urge you to grab a ticket (providing there are any left) and catch the show - it'll change your life for the better. Trust me.

I suppose I'll see everyone at Gaylon's on Tuesday night (if people actually show up this week - last week it was just Gaylon, Wyatt, and myself) and tell you how much you missed out by not going to or caring about the Victor Wooten show. I got online and found a clip of Mr. Victor with his brother, Reggie (who plays guitar, and will be there tomorrow night) and needless to say, it was friggin' awesome. Here it is.

So, yeah. Come to Gaylon's this week and fellowship, learn about Samuel, eat some snacks, and let Adam and myself tell you how awesome the show was.

Oh, a VERY important announcement... Thursday, November 2nd, tune in to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC - the musical guest.... Weird Al himself performing "White and Nerdy". It will rock your boxers. Cheers.

5 comments:

Monique said...

Hope you have fun watchin' and droolin' over The Woo. My ankle is a nice purple color. My mom took pictures of it...it's horrifying. Anyways, later, punk.

Paige Ferg said...

todd and i will be at the Jeremy Camp and Hawk Nelson concert on tuesday. you have fun at your concert tonight.

Andy said...

First off, there is no Friday November 2nd this year. So is it Thursday November 2nd or Friday November 3rd? Secondly, you rocked the lavender shirt on Sunday. It was the talk of the back row. And 3rd, I am 95% certain I will be at Gaylon's tomorrow night. So see you there.

Mooskers J. Featherbottom III said...

So it is thursday, sorry. I think I looked at my calendar wrong. Glad you liked the lavender shirt, I wore it just for you, sweetie. See you at Gaylon's :)

Andy said...

Thanks for correcting me on hauler to huller. That's the true meaning of friendship. By the way, where did you grow up? And surely there are some blog-worthy stories from your smalltown past. Oh, and if you've already told me, don't be offended that I forgot...it's kind of my thing (forgetting).