02 October, 2006

VW (not the car)

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooootin!!!

Big thanks to the Moosinator for snatching up some tickets to see Victor Wooten. Most of you probably do not know who this is. As a matter of fact, I would not know who this is if it were not for Moose. Moose (yeah, I'm talking to you), I give you my profound thanks for introducing me to music that is phenominal and outside what would be considered 'mainstream.' (Same with the flicks). Moose, you are my cultural ambasador. You provide me with my regular dose of music-and-movies-and-stuff-that-is-cool-that-I-would-never-have-found-on-my-own. For this I thank you.

Anyways, Vic Woo plays with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (please, for the love of all that is good, find some of this sweet ear candy to listen to sometime, see Moose for details). I had the pleasure of seeing Bela (with Moose of course) at Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts (JKHHPA, yeah, they call it that) and it was awesome. I look forward to Oct 23rd and our date with VW. Oh and I'm man enough to call it a date without feeling all weird inside.

That's it for now. Piece!

2 comments:

Mooskers J. Featherbottom III said...

Well, you're certainly welcome. It brings me great joy to introduce folks to new and exciting music they might not have found on their own. It also brings me joy to have new music introduced to me, then I can enjoy it and pass it along to others. The concert should kick much booty :)

On another note, sorry for not posting anything as of late. Free time, access to a computer, and clever thoughts have not coexisted for me in several days. This should change soon, as I am probably going to be getting a computer of my own (finally!) so I will try and post as often as I can, but there are no guarantees at this point :( See most of you tonight! Cheers.

Paige Ferg said...

So I was all ready to read another fun blog of yours but it is not here yet. DOn't you just hate being too busy. me too. Maybe later I will have time to leave a new one myself. happy writing.